The Parochial Church Council of St. Cuthbert's Darlington is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and nurturing environment for everyone, especially for children, young people and vulnerable adults. It has adopted and approved the Church of England policy for promoting a safer church.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
To discuss any safeguarding concerns relating to St. Cuthbert's Darlington please contact:
- Parish Safeguarding Officer, Joan Gilmore, [email protected].
Concerns can also be raised with the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Mrs Beth Miller - she can be contacted as follows:
- Address: Cuthbert House, Stonebridge, Durham DH1 3RY
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected].
- Mobile: 07968 034075